Sunday, January 6, 2013






Title: Young House Love
Author: Sherry and John Petersik
Genre: nonfiction, DIY, home decorating

I borrowed this book from the library but there are so many great ideas in here I'm tempted to buy myself a copy for when the home renovation/decoration urge strikes. I think the biggest plus for me when reading this book is the Petersiks' honesty about how much time it takes to remodel a home. It took them years to remodel their first home- like the rest of us, life and work sometimes gets in the way of remodeling and redecorating plans. Now I don't feel so bad so that our remodeling and redecorating plans are moving at a snail's pace.
I also love how the Petersiks aren't afraid to use color and whimsy to turn their house into a home. As I was reading through the book I kept thinking, "Now, why didn't I think of that?" or "This is definitely a Pinterest-worthy idea!" Projects range from simple to advanced, cheap to expensive and home decorators of all tastes and budgets will feel inspired to take one of these projects and make it their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment